At Rapid, we take safety very seriously and always do our best to provide a safe service to our customers. We do this in a variety of ways:
All equipment available to hire from Rapid undergoes a strict inspection programme:
- Every machine undergoes a pre-delivery inspection before being released for hire from a Rapid Access depot. If the machine fails the inspection it will be removed from the hire register until it has been repaired and passes a repeat inspection.
- Every machine in Rapid's fleet is subject to a planned maintenance programme which meets the manufacturer's specification.
- Each machine in our fleet also undergoes a ' thorough examination ' by an independent external assessment company every six months.
- Telescopic booms will also undergo a periodic boom extension inspection.
Other Safety Measures
- Rapid offers a formal hand-over or Familiarisation Service to customers hiring a self-operated machine. Customers requiring this can simply book this free-of-charge service at the time of placing their hire. On completion of the Familiarisation Hand-Over, they will then sign a Certificate of Familiarisation to acknowledge that they are familiar with the safe working and operating limitations of the equipment.
- We are always pleased to assist our customers with any information and help they may need, and recommend and carry out high quality training in the safe and effective use of powered access equipment.
- Training to IPAF standard is available to all our customers, either at one of our training centres strategically located throughout the country, or at the customer's premises or on site, assuming suitable facilities are available.
- Rapid has produced an Operator's Safety Guide, endorsed by IPAF, to guide our customers in the safe use of powered access platforms and working at height. This is issued to customers on completion of any Rapid Access training course.
At Rapid, we recognise the crucial role our employees play in the success of our business, and are committed to ensuring their safety and welfare while they are at work. Our health and safety policy ensures that we meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work regulations 1999.